.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Another Brick In The Wall

The ramblings of a non-conforming, ne'er-do-well, mainly on politics and society.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

"Internet and Empires"


"Greetings. A little over two weeks ago, I was invited to Google's Los Angeles (Santa Monica) facilities to give an informal talk (titled Internet and Empires) on a range of Internet-related topics. Video of that presentation is now available, and since it touches on a number of familiar issues, I thought that it might be of some interest."

"The topics naturally included a number of the controversial issues related to Google, but also more generally privacy, free speech, ISPs, data retention, government and legal issues, censorship, network neutrality, and more."


I was made aware of this a few days ago through The PRIVACY Forum newsletter I subscribe to. I only listened to the audio version, but I highly recommend you all watch or listen to this. It covers many internet issues that are very relevant to everyone, no matter what country you live in.

Though you hear the speaker clearly, they did a bad job of capturing the voices of those in the audience asking questions, but that doesn't really take much away from talk, so I still think you need to catch it.

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home